Friday, 9 March 2007

Sewing, sewing . . .

I have spent the last week feeling quite dreadful, as you can tell from the lack of posting. The worst thing about it is I got no sewing of any type done. I hate the feeling of being unproductive. I have been feeling much better yesterday and today (the only pain I am feeling is my splitting headache) so I have been madly sewing to make up for my lack over the past week. I have had such fun thinking up things and then designing and sewing them. It really is my best thing ever. My mum quoted something at me the other day (I forget where from). It was something like 'live in a creative isolation'. At times I think that life would be a whole lot nicer like that. I really could spend all my time alone in my sewing room creating things. Well, maybe not. Anyway, here are pics of the things I have been making.


Finger puppets with pretty lining (you can't really see it).


Flowers, ladybugs and bee brooches.


Sausage and egg (for breakfast of course!)



. . . and a sandwich. Just like my sister Rose likes them (without the dead animal). I have always wanted to make play food, ever since forever I think. There is just something so appealing about it. When I was small I loved playing pretend. Dressing up, playing house, making letter boxes and sending my siblings mail, pretend cooking, tea set, and everything else. As an incredibly old person now I still find it all so attractive (which is silly because now I am doing it for real). Oh well, I am a weirdo I know. I hope to stay in my silly mood for a good long while!

2 comments:

Snaps said...

Oooh! The play food is awesome, the cheese is the best...

rosie said...

I love your "silly mood" playfood! It is lovely! I think it is just so important to keep "playing" in life. Things can get so serious all the time. We need to have fun with those we love and also by ourselves in our craft room. Thanks for your comments!