Sunday, 8 April 2007

Kniting

I love to knit. I enjoy it immensely and I also find it very relaxing. My mother tried to teach me when I was young, but it didn't really click until I was a teenager and my sister (who is an excellent knitter) taught me again. Ever since then I have always had knitting project on the go. Usually though these projects are relatively small and simple like scarves (big needles and thick yarn) and baby clothes and toys. While all of this is great I have always wanted to knit something more real (in my mind) for myself. I have started many a project only to give up, undo it and use it for something else. Recently I have visited some great knitting blogs and I am now inspired to knit something bigger. I am a comfy cardigan sort of person so I have started a red cardy.



The pictures are not great but you get the idea. I have much better knitting stamina than the last time I tried this. I am using 8 ply with 4mm needles, so I am not even cheating. I have found a pattern which uses three strands of 8 ply and 15mm needles, so I am going to try that one next. Hopefully in a few weeks I can post a picture of a finished garment. Now that I have set such a goal I of course will not finish, but we will see.

4 comments:

sue said...

Good luck with your knitting. It looks great so far, and wont take too long to knit up.

Melly said...

Good on you!! I am not so adventurous when it comes to knitting!! I am definately not skilled in that area and any attempts (other than a couple of successfull beanies) fail miserably. This is looking great though - cant wait to see the end result!

librarylass said...

I'm with everyone else, yay on the knitting, good luck and I can't seriously wait to see more progress pics!

Linda said...

Your knitting looks great!...looking forward to seeing it's progress :-)