Monday, 21 May 2007

I can felt!

Felting is something I have waned to try for a while. I bough books about felting and read hundreds of articles on the internet about felting. I thought I knew how to go about doing it, but I was a bit scared (why I don't know). Last week my mum and I went over to a spinning/knitting friends of ours house who also wanted to learn to felt and we did it! We had great fun with bubble wrap and detergent, hot water and cold water, squishing and rolling and whacking (thats how mum saw people do it on Hamish MacBeth). After a few goes we found out what worked best and decided we had so much fun that we should do it again the next week. I of course couldn't wait that long so I had another go on my own using bamboo mats. Here is my felt.


Baa baa brown sheep . . .


. . . and some weird grey/blue/pink stuff my sister gave to me to spin (I made it into a pouch).


I have gone litlle pouch crazy recently and this has been helped along by a recent trip to the fabric shop to buy hundreds of zips. Well, perhaps not hundreds.


He can gobble up all your little things.


This is the second bag I made with this pattern. I originally designed it as an "oh quick, I need another bag" pattern. I made it and loved it so I am making more for my Etsy shop. We will see if anyone loves them as much as I do.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Yay... "Just do it" is my motto. It helps to get over my fears when I don't really know what I'm doing. That's what you did and just look at the results! I like your little pouch with the zip mouth. How cute!

Also, thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog.

sheila said...

You have been tagged! Check out my blog for details!

Swirlyarts said...

Hee hee - love the little guy with his zipper mouth!

Girl Kae said...

love that little blue/grey/pink weird thing!! =D