Saturday, 23 June 2007

Some softies


I have been thinking a lot about toys made like this. So far I have only made two, a cow and a frog, but I have patterns drawn up for a heap of others. I am planning to make little clothes for them so I am sorry to say they are naked. They are made with polar fleece which is one of my favourite materials to work with when making toys. This little cow was the first. She was inspired by a painting I did a long time ago. I always liked the way her head turned out, so the head is the main feature.


This little froggy was the second. Because, well, I like frogs and I had a good green.


I did finish another crocheted animal - ta da! My little grey elephant. I am not sure about his eyes. I think they give him a funny look. What do you think?


And this is Pigwidgeon (from Harry Potter). I am a HP fan and I have been thinking HP party for July as the next movie and last book will be released then. I am making a Daily Prophet with lots of good ideas of things to make in it to give to friends to inspire them. I designed this little owl especially for it so they can all make one if wanted. He is so cute and very easy to make, so hopefully if I get around to having a party I will see many different versions.

7 comments:

de vliegende koe said...

I love your softies, even without clothes!

Sharon said...

can I just say, I love all your stuff and have that include all future projects? Everything you have posted has been gorgeous and your stuff on etsy is cute beyond belief :)
i's a fan

Sharon said...

no, no goslings are still good if you want to send them! I love your softies ;)

Charli said...

Get out! I looove Harry Potter too! I heart owl softies- a HP softie is even better! I have several sketches for a HP/bear softie drawn up and I just haven't done anything about it. You have inspired me to go forward with it!

I would love to have a HP party too, but I don't think I know enough people in the area that would actually come to a Harry Potter Party!

Oh well. I'll just have to content myself with going the a late night showing of the movie in a few weeks (after I have put Hali to bed and left Jeremy in charge of course) all by my lonesome!

Swirlyarts said...

I love the little frog! So cute! I like the idea of a Daily Prophet - are you making an actual newspaper? Are you going to sell it? Might be interested for the hubby you see.....

sue said...

Oh I love HP too, and cant wait for the next book to come out. I love all of your softies, so cute and adorable.

inkberryblue said...

I think your little crochet elephant is gorgeous. I'd leave him just as he is!