Sunday, 3 June 2007

Something a bit different






I have been feeling a bit blergy for no reason and decided I needed to do something a bit different. I have never been a great crocheting person (I think I have only made one thing and it took years and years), but I always liked how quickly you can get a piece of fabric compared to knitting. I have seen lots of cute amigurumi all over the internet and always thought "I will make those one day". So one day happened yesterday. I made a little monkey. I am terrible at following instructions (the head is shorter than it should be) but I feel more confident now (the rest of the body is in good proportion). Lately I feel a lot like I really don't know what I am doing or what I should be doing. It is causing me to go round and round in circles a bit. Aside from getting quite dizzy it is such a waste of time. I will work it out eventually, I hope. In the meantime I have started an elephant, but I am having trouble with his ears. Hopefully I can show you him soon!

5 comments:

Helen said...

Hi Jess, thought I'd pop in and say hi to my new scrappy swap partner! This monkey is so cute! Looking foward to seeing his friend Mr Elephant too. Hope your not feeling too dizzy today. :)

Martha said...

I love the monkey! I would not have been able to tell he was disabled (small head) if you had not mentioned it. His tail is so cute! Hey! Murray managed to make it here without help!

Kate said...

Love the monkey - I think he's very cute!

Swirlyarts said...

Very cute monkey - I wish I could crochet or knit. My mum and my sister can so I will have to ask them to teach me!

Melly said...

oooooh, how cute!!! He is an absolutely ADORABLE monkey!!!! What a fabulous first attempt! And the elephant is so cute too!!