Thursday, 12 July 2007

I spun . . .

. . . and plied! I have always (well probably not always, but it feels like a really long time) wanted to learn how to spin. I love to knit and crochet, so naturally spinning was next on my list. A few days ago I went to friends house and she had her spinning out. She had been fixing her sisters wheel, so had two set up. I learnt there and then. At first I though that I wouldn't be able to do it as the spindle kept jumping off. It didn't take too long though before I was spinning. I kept thinking to myself "I'm spinning I'm spinning!" It is silly how fun I thought it was. Now of course I want my own spinning wheel. It is not on the top of my list of things to spend money on, so I shall have to wait.


This is my first attempt. Not too bad. It is still in its unwashed state in this picture. Once I have washed it I will decided whether to dye it or not.


Here it is all nice and close, it just makes me excited looking at it. Another thing I made a little while ago is this little purse.


Ok, so I lied. Its not quite finished yet. It only needs a doing up bit. I knitted it and the shibori felted/fulled it in the washing machine. It was very exciting. I am desperate to do more, but it is on the end of a long list of things to do at the moment. I still have Harry Potter crafts to finish before a Harry Potter party and I only have one week of holidays to finish all my school work due first week back. We will see how we go. I have other thrilling things to say about a two day workshop I am in the middle of and a four day holiday to Port Lincoln, but that will have to wait for a moment when I have a little more energy.

5 comments:

inkberryblue said...

Congratulations! Your spinning looks beautiful. I inherited a wheel last year and really want to start spinning. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress
...and thank you so much for dropping by my blog. I love getting comments too. =]

Charli said...

Harry Potter was AMAZING! I saw it last night! Can't wait for the book! I made a Harry Potter doll- go check it out!

Sharon said...

Oh yay! your spinning looks fabulous. Even with more practice I still suck ;) but I'm having so much fun

inkberryblue said...

Hello again.
I've just tagged you for The Eight Random Facts About Me meme, that's over on my blog. Have fun!

sue said...

Your spinning turned out very nicely. Love the bag too. My MIL stays in Port Lincoln on a regular basis and loves the fishing there too.