Thursday, 14 February 2008

I sewed something!

How amazing is that. No sewing for such a long time, and today I am back at it. I have been feeling a little better over the past week and have found I have 'good time' in the middle of the day. I have been thinking I should make myself some preggy clothes (as I don't really fit into anything any more) and have traced some patterns out today. After a while my back started to hurt and I realised that I wouldn't be able to sew because I hadn't acquired any fabric yet. Of course I have fabric already for my baby so I made a little skivvy (instead of tracing out more clothes for me). The clothes for me are more urgent but the baby clothes are so quick and fun! I got given an over locker last year from my mother-in-law and I hadn't used it until today.


Not the most thrilling little top ever, but I am happy with it and I LOVE the fabric. Even before I thought this baby was a boy I bought all blue and green fabric to make clothes with. I think they are just the best colours.


Here it is a bit closer (don't look too close). I have also been knitting booties. They are finished in the sense that I cast off but not yet sewn up. Hopefully I will sew them up soon and have more creations to share!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Wow! That was quick! Moments after we spoke you had a t-shirt! Very clever. (Molly was the one who saw the post and alerted everyone. She looooooves the fabric!)

Life's little stuff said...

That skivvy is sooooo lovely!! Love the colours .
I loved making things for my nieces. Everything was
so little and pretty.
huggs Tina