Thursday, 28 August 2008

Happy boy


Here is the happy boy who has been taking up all my time recently. He is a happy, chatty baby some of the time and a grumpy whinger the rest - just like me!

I haven't done any sewing over the last little while, but I have visited my favourite patchwork shop - the Patchwork Apple! I bought some great fabric which I have every intention of turning into something exciting one day soon. I want to make a quilt for the boy. I keep seeing great quilts all over the blogosphere and hope to make something equally as pretty.

My mum came across the recipe for a chocolate mug cake. I of course being addicted to chocolate had to try it out. I have now made it several times and even have a variation under my belt (orange cake - orange juice instead of milk and no cocoa). Here is the recipe I used.

Mug Cake

4 tablespoons cake flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil

Cook for about 2 minutes (will vary depending on your microwave).

I wasn't sure what the cake flour bit meant so I have done it two different ways. I used plain flour once and it rose a little and fit in the mug well. I used self raising flour another time and needed to transfer the mixture between two mugs as it rose a lot - and the cake turned out more spongy. Delicous either way.

2 comments:

Swirlyarts said...

Oh he's a cutie :)

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your little son looks super cute - such a delightful age! I must try your mug cake variation - I too have seen the choc ones all over the place recently. Great for a quick cake fix!!