Monday, 8 September 2008

I finished something!

Yay! I finished my ripple rug. Well, the boys ripple rug. It does have a few ends to sew in yet. I hid most of them as I went but missed a few. We have used it already.


Now I am itching to start a new project. I am taking into consideration my slow speed and am thinking about aiming for next autumn/winter. I had a look through this great book . . .


. . . and decided I like the look of this . . .


Its done with thick yarn and thick needles and it very textural and beautiful. Hopefully I will be able to start it soon. There aren't many things as thrilling as starting a new knitting project.

3 comments:

Kris said...

Ahh... I looove starting things. That jacket looks wonderful. Your boy will be very warm in that! Don't forget to make it big!

Lotti said...

This jacket is just gorgeous and your baby is just beautiful....sooo cute!!

It's always cool when you start something new because even though you have seen the picture you still don't know what it will really look like until you actually finish. Yeah I agree it's good to make it big because then it fits them for longer and that's what you want after all the work you put into it.

Aim said...

I love your ripple rug. Beautiful...