Monday, 5 January 2009

Bamboo


For Christmas my Grandma gave me this great bamboo yarn and I am now turning it into something for my little boy. I haven't finished the last knitting project I started for the boy, but I am just so good at starting things I couldn't resist. I seem to start a knitting project, work on it consistently until its about three quarters done and then for some reason lose interest, or get distracted by something else. I also sometimes (especially when knitting for myself) knit until its nearly done and then decide I don't like it and frog it! Well, no more. With the new year I have decided to be a new woman and I will be a starter and a finisher this year. I plan to put buttons on those cardigans I knitted for my boy before his was born, knit on the collars of the little jumpers, finish knitting hoods etc.

I have been writing myself a list (it's getting a little long) of goals and plans for 2009. I always find it exciting to plan at the start of a new year and think of all the exciting things I could do in the year. Most of my goals revolve around creating things. I hope that 2009 turns out to be a very creative year!

5 comments:

Lotti said...

I love the colour of this wool, the blue is gorgeous. My boys used to always look so nice in blue. I wait in anticipation to see the complete product.

Lotti said...

I love the colour of this wool, the blue is gorgeous. My boys used to always look so nice in blue. I wait in anticipation to see the complete product.

Rest is not idleness said...

Agree with Lotti, the blue is lovely (but then I am partial to blue, it's my favourite colour) I knitted some dishcloths with a bamboo yarn, but I found it split a lot, although it felt nice knitting it. I'm using a bamboo batting for my quilt I'm finishing, it feels lovely and soft.
take care
Pip

Kris said...

Great knitting! I'm still thinking about my goals. (Might end up thinking about them for 52 weeks!)

Dee said...

Bamboo, how sustainable. Good luck.