Thursday, 12 March 2009

Quilt progress


I am participating in the Four Seasons Quilt Swap monochromatic challenge. I love to do a swap because it always encourages me to do something I might never have done otherwise. This is the summer quilt I am making for my partner. I can show it to you because the swap is secret and my partner doesn't know who is sending her quilt. Its inspired by "All in the blue unclouded weather" by Robin Kline (I love that book). I am not sure what I am going to back it with yet. Maybe red . . . maybe blue. I'm not sure. We will see. After quilting I am going to applique on it. I am so excited about it and hope to finish it soon!

3 comments:

Rest is not idleness said...

I like your quilt, but then I like anything blue!! I really like the curved lines, they draw your eyes around the quilt. Was it hard to do??
Pip

Beth said...

Wow, beautiful!

Lotti said...

I just love the colours you are using. This is going to be gorgeous when it is finished. I hope we get to see the finished product. You are so clever.