Tuesday, 10 August 2010

Handmade Christmas!



I think these small quilts are good for me! My machine quilting is improving quite a bit. And starting and finishing something quickly is very good for my ego. I feel like I can do anything now! And to prove it I have decided to have a fully handmade Christmas. August is the perfect time I think to start thinking about Christmas, especially if you want to make presents and decorations! I have a list of what I need to accomplish and to get it all done by Christmas I need to finish a couple of things a week. A little scary but do-able I think.

5 comments:

The Fleming Family said...

Beautiful!!

Pip at Rest is not idleness said...

I made all my presents last year and started about now and was finished by November (but I think my family is a lot smaller than yours. I made several of the same things e.g. aprons but in different fabrics. I also made drawstring bags in Christmas fabric (Spotlight had some cheap stuff) to put my presents in as well. I didn't make any decorations though. Good luck with it.

Lotti said...

Love these little quilts ... they are so nice. I like the one I saw posted on your blog the other day. Wish I had time to do some quilting ..... I feel quite inspired when I see what you and your mum do.

Kris said...

It is the time to think about it! I'm still just thinking!

Katherine said...

Pretty, pretty! What a sweet little quilt.

Goodness, time is getting on, isn't it? Smart you to be making those handmade Christmas plans ahead of time. Best of luck!