Thursday, 23 September 2010

My adventures in sewing for a wedding - part 1




My brother is getting married and I have decided to make my children and I something pretty to wear. I am the queen of daggy so I am thinking of this as 'dress ups' to make it easier. I found a cardigan at a secondhand shop which is the inspiration for my outfit. I am making a blouse and a skirt and some pretty flower type things for my hair. For the little man I am planning some manly trousers, a pretty shirt, vest and flowers for his pocket. And the little girl you can see is going to wear a pink and fluffy pettiskirt. It was very scary to start making this thing but once started wasn't too bad. It is so bouncy and lovely and makes me wish I were about five so I could have one and prance around the house in it.

2 comments:

Monica said...

ohhh looks good, can't wait to see what else you are making...

joeyp said...

OH sounds exciting i cant wait to see how lovely you all look!