Sunday, 24 October 2010

A harvest of sorts



We harvested some broad beans today. There were only a few pods but that's ok as I don't really like the taste of them. It's is a bit silly maybe to plant something I don't like to eat, but I wasn't feeling very confident about planting anything. I was completely surprised that they grew and since then have planted heaps of other things. Even though they are not my favourite I will cook these up for lunch with a few other things and see how they go.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Hope the fact that you grew them yourself will improve the flavour!
I seem to kill everything I plant so I'm very impressed. :-)

Pip at Rest is not idleness said...

Seeing your broad beans has reminded me that I must check on mine, I'm sure there will be some there to pick, and then there will be the podding of them (the worst job ever). We like broad beans here, I usually quickly cook them in boiling water, drain, then add a knob of butter, some chopped, fresh mint and a bit of crumbled feta - yum