Monday, 8 November 2010

Do you know what this is?


Is it edible and delicious? There is a bush along the way we walk that is currently staining the footpath dark red with these little berries. I am ever so tempted to pick some but I am quite uneducated when it comes to berries and don't know an expert. I would like them to be something delicious. We are having a lot of fun in the garden and I have become obsessed with growing thing to eat.


We have been picking and eating broad beans for weeks now . . .


. . . and the snow peas and tomatoes have started getting flowers. Today we planted watermelon and pumpkin and I still have a long list of things I want to try.

4 comments:

monica said...

hey there, i believe it is a mulberry
we have a mulberry bush at our house and they look exactly the same... i'll take a photo tomorrow and we can compare...

Kris said...

Two Little Banshees has a mulberry post too! You should compare with hers!

Jantine said...

Sorry, I know it in Dutch, but not in English. If it is what I think it is... it is edible!

Life's little stuff said...

I agree it definitely looks like a mulberry and we have one just like that around the corner which also paints the footpath a dark red/purple. We breed silkworms once and they loved eating the leaves of the mulberry tree. was fun to watch them hatch then over time build silk cocoons in the egg-cartoons we gave them for houses. There silk is used to spin with.