Monday, 10 October 2011

Pancakes for lunch

We eat pancakes quite a lot at our house. Several times a week. I'm not sure what it is exactly about pancakes that make them essential to our weekly survival, but they are. Generally speaking I am not that into food and cooking. I am very keen on food magazines and books, but that is to help me with that never ending job of 'what's for dinner'. So what I am about to do here is weird for me.

Here is our pancake recipe:

1 cup self raising flour
1 cup milk
1 egg
some sugar

This is the recipe my mum used when I was a child and I love it because I can remember it. I also love it because you don't have to seperate eggs or do anything else tricky. Just chuck it all in and whisk. The other reason I love it is they are yummy!




3 comments:

Lotti said...

That is one way cute boy. So gorgeous. We love pancakes in our house too .... so you are not alone. I would eat them more if I could.

Sue said...

He is so cute! I dont know which one is more delightful - the boy or the pancake! Have to get me some maple syrup right away!

Sarah said...

Yum - I think we will be having pancakes for afternoon tea!