Friday, 25 November 2011

Doll house


I am a little addicted to eBay. This ark doll house is the latest acquisition. I don't buy junk like the Weird Al song, but lovely wonderful things. I have bought duplo, a hat stand, a typewriter, prams, etc. All lovely and useful things. I also like to sell things on eBay. You know, toys, prams, presents I have rejected (yes, I am that sort of person). I love that quote from William Morris "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful". I have always thought this was the way to be, but recently I have been really thinking about the things in my house and evaluating everything. I am getting there, slowly.

2 comments:

Lotti said...

Oh that is a cute doll house. Looks like lots of fun, Love the fact that it's an ark shape ... how cute. Looks like it's a hit. Like the idea of having nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful. That's a great quote.

Kris said...

Love that quote.