Monday, 19 December 2011

Stitched paper cards


We have all been sick at our house over the past week and are only really just recovering. I haven't done much sewing but have done quite a bit of making with paper. I was inspired to make this red paper dekkie while reading my favourite magazine real living. I really like how it turned out and the process was really fun and relaxing. I have also made some stitched paper Christmas cards. I just used random bits of paper I had, did some printing and typing (on my newest typewriter), chopped up all the bits and stitched them together on my machine.


 As you can see I was having so much fun I took photos as I did it. I did forget to take a photo of the inside, which I lined with lined paper. I really like them and will make similar ones again. It was quite fun to stitch them together rather than glue.


While shopping today I stocked up on my necessities of Christmas baking, because we are planning lots of gingerbread, shortbread and puddings this week! Fun and yum, can't wait!


2 comments:

Lotti said...

They are really really pretty ... I always like the thought of doing simple things ... something so nice about it.

Kris said...

Fun and yum indeed! Max made his cookies tonight. Baking happening here every day!