Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Being a mum to a kid with special needs . . .


. . . is such a hard and terrible thing. The physical work of it. The emotional work. The worry. The stress. The effect it has on your other children. The isolation. The judgement from others. The dismissal from others. It changes how you do EVERYTHING. And yet, my boy is so wonderful. He is so loving and creative. So determined and capable in so many ways. It is so easy to forget and get caught up in every day survival. This picture is one of my favourites. My brother took it, and it helps me to remember how great my boy is.

3 comments:

Kris said...

What an awesome kid!

Shay said...

Take this from someone who knows how hard it is , how worrying it is and how stressful it is- Your kid IS awesome!

And you are a fabulous Mum - far more fabulous in fact that any other regular Mum!

Lotti said...

I think you are an awesome mum .... and I so totally know how you feel. I always try to remember why it was that Heavenly Father entrusted me with a special needs child. I relate so much to what you have written and have felt all those things and still do even now.